There are no holidays for people experiencing homelessness, and Christmas is no exception.
Christmas is a warm, fun, festive time for some, but unfortunately, our service users aren’t so lucky to enjoy the same experience.
We aim to bring light in what can be quite a dark time for others; however, we cannot do this without your help.
What do we do?
- Our day centre will provide Christmas lunches and companionship to those who are homeless and/or vulnerable people.
- Working alongside local organisations to ensure our service users enjoy a full day of festivities.
- Giving Christmas boxes to service users to offer the basics and festive cheer!
- Organising one-off events for our service users to enjoy.
In addition to our Christmas Day event, we are also battling to support all rough sleepers across Worcestershire with nowhere to turn:
- Ensure our countywide outreach team is available and continues to provide individually tailored support. From taking food to peoples’ tents to meeting individuals in our drop-in, we’re there to build that trust, provide pathways and support people off the streets.
- Offer warm clothing and wanted items such as sleeping bags, rucksacks, bedding and much more to those with nothing through our Clothing Project.
- Our Harm Reduction team will continue to engage people with services to address alcohol, substance misuse and any health-related issues associated with substance dependency, especially over the festive period.
How can you help us?
Imagine a cold, dark Christmas with nowhere to turn or go. This is the harsh reality that some of our service users face during the festive period. Your donations can help us bring joy to those with the bare minimum, and however big or small your contribution is, you will truly be making a difference and allow us to continue our services. Visit our Just Giving page and follow the simple instructions.
If you want to do something meaningful over the holiday period, we have several volunteering opportunities to help us support our service users throughout Christmas. Whether this is cooking breakfast in our day centre, helping in our Clothing Project or even volunteering your skills in another capacity, please get in touch!
With Christmas being such a busy time, full of many events and things to do, why not organise an event and raise money for charity simultaneously? We can help support your efforts in fundraising for Maggs with our helpful fundraising team, event tips, and branded marketing materials.
Christmas Shoe Boxes
We’re lucky enough to have many people contacting us regarding donating shoe boxes and what items we want to include for our service users.
Each year, we’re always overwhelmed by the public’s generosity in creating and donating shoe boxes, and they’re always well received by our service users. Plus, who doesn’t love a Christmas shoe box?
However, this year, we request that these be put into reusable drawstring bags that our service users can use as well as the items. This would eliminate cardboard wastage and offer something additional and lovely gifts in the boxes.
If you would like some more information on how you can get involved, please contact email@example.com.