Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of people experiencing homelessness in Worcestershire? If so, we are currently looking for a experienced Fundraising Officer to work within our Head Office Team here at Maggs.
Maggs was founded in 1984 after a homeless man died after years of sleeping rough on the streets. This incident led to a day centre being created in the former St Albans church, dedicated to helping people experiencing homeless in Worcester. Since then we have expanded by opening an second Day Centre in Malvern, we now have an Outreach Team who work in the community, a Clothing Project where people experiencing homelessness can get clean clothes and supplies, and most recently we have set up our accommodation project to provide temporary housing with support from Tenancy Sustainment Workers, with a view to tenants having the skills and confidence to secure permanent housing.
What do we need from you?
- Fundraising experience including writing grant applications, approaching corporate funders, networking and arranging fundraising events.
- A desire to make a difference to vulnerable people’s lives
- Passionate about helping the charity grow and expand our services.
- Ability to work as a team and individually.
What’s in it for you?
- £ 28,379 pa (pro rata) starting salary, rising each year for the next 4 years
- Bonuses including long service awards and Christmas voucher
- Remote/ Hybrid working considered
- 24 days holiday (+bank holidays) rising to 27 days within 3 years
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling sessions
- Workplace pension
- Onsite parking
- City Centre location
We warmly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce – this diversity is vital to our journey and is fundamental to our values and enriches the service we offer the people we work with.
- Monday to Friday
- Fundraising: 1 year (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Worcester, WR1 1JT
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.