Volunteering with Maggs
We are delighted that Maggs Day Centre and our volunteers have been recognised by the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service – the MBE for volunteer groups. Thanks again for all your tremendous work.
If you are considering volunteering at Maggs, please read on and see what makes it such a rewarding experience, or contact us 01905 25027 or by email.
We do not have any volunteering opportunities in the kitchen or clothing project in Worcester at the moment but please keep watching the website in case the position changes.
However, we are opening a limited Maggs Day Centre service (Tuesday’s and Friday’s) in Malvern from 4th February and will need kitchen assistant volunteers and active listeners. If you would like further information please email email@example.com
Our volunteers help at the centre and the clothing project:
- Kitchen assistant: People help between the hours of 8 am and 2 pm to assist with the preparation, serving and clearing up of meals.
- Clothing project: People help with sorting and storing donations to our Clothing project on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9-12 noon.
- Professional roles: We are looking for professionals who can offer a specific service such as a hairdresser to be available on a regular basis.
Join in a project
We also need less frequent help with the following:
- Gardening: From time to time the grounds and bushes surrounding the day centre need some tender loving care. A bit of weeding or pruning is required.
- Painting and general maintenance: Less frequently we need to refresh and maintain the general environment of the day centre and activity centre.
This is a new initiative at Maggs Day Centre. We are looking for people who can commit to 1 or 2 hours a week on a regular basis to become part of our volunteer “active listening team”. Volunteers engage with the service users through conversation, listening for any concerns they may have about their personal well being. Specific training is required for this role which is run in conjunction with St Paul’s. We run at least 3 training days a year but volunteers usually volunteer in the kitchen or clothing project first.
Our next training day will be in Malvern on Tuesday 21st January 2020 from 9.45 to 3pm. There are a limited number of places available. If you are interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We can offer student placements that are relevant to your course. In the past we have taken students of criminology, mental health and occupational therapy. While you are helping with volunteer roles, such as those outlined above, we can help with your research into issues around homelessness.
If you are interested in helping with any of these volunteering opportunities please contact our volunteer co-ordinator Val Turner on 01905 25027 or by email.