If you are homeless, we can help
If you or someone you know is homeless, Maggs Day Centre offers a safe, warm and welcoming environment.
- We provide hot drinks, breakfast and lunch.
- We have showers and can give you a clean, dry change of clothes.
We will ask you to pay a small amount for each meal – currently breakfast is free for rough sleepers and sofa surfers and £1.00 for lunch. If you need help claiming benefits, we are happy to assist. If someone has given you a Maggs Meal Voucher, that is also fine.
How to find Maggs Day Centre
Maggs Day Centre is in Worcester on Deansway, in front of the Heart of Worcestershire College and opposite the old fire station.
Here are maps and current opening times. Due to the coronovirus you can either make an appointment on 01905 25027 or come to the day centre, but if the centre has reached its “social distancing” limit you may be asked to come back at a pre-booked time. No one will be turned away in an emergency.
Connect a homeless person with local support and services
If you’re concerned about someone sleeping rough (anywhere in England), you can get in touch with StreetLink so that they can connect them to local support and services: www.streetlink.org.
Maggs Day Centre supports the countywide homeless reduction initiative
We agree to cooperate with the local authority and other organisations to reduce homelessness by committing to:
- Preventing a local person from becoming homeless in their area
- Develop joint working procedures to prevent homelessness
- Work with other organisations to support the homeless person with all their needs, not just housing
- Promote the local authority housing options