Donating clothes and bedding for homeless people – The clothing project is unable to accept any donations at the moment due to the continuation of the building works.
Maggs Clothing Project provides clean, dry clothes and bedding for homeless and other particularly vulnerable people in the Worcester area. When a homeless person makes the step to proper accommodation, we also provide some essentials – like a kettle and saucepans – to help get them started.
To help us in this work, we welcome your donations of:
- Men’s clothing: Trousers and jeans; shoes and trainers; underwear; T-shirts; jumpers; shirts; coats and waterproofs
- Women’s clothing: Trousers and jeans; shoes and trainers; underwear; T-shirts; jumpers; shirts; coats and waterproofs
- Household goods: Kitchen items such as crockery, cutlery, breadboards or other utensils
- Bedding and towels
- Electrical goods such as toasters, kettles, microwaves, vacuum cleaners
- Tinned food
- Rucksacks and sleeping bags
- Toiletries: Soap, shaving foam, razors, shampoo
Sorry, we cannot make use of glassware, feather bedding or kitchen knives.
We moved to new premises on the corner of The Tything and Castle Street in November 2017. There is a unloading bay at the back of the project on Britannia Road, opposite the Magistrates Court but there is often short term parking on The Tything itself. Unfortunately we can only accept donations when the clothing project is open – Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9 -12.
We would be grateful if people did not leave donations outside the project, out of hours.
Please bring your donations to Maggs Clothing Project during opening hours. Location and opening times.